Monday, August 8, 2011

"You Are My Sunshine"

I hope everyone has been having a great summer. I know mine is going by way to fast. The majority of my summer has been spent on projects for a beautiful wedding that just happened on Saturday evening. I know I have been MIA from my blog for a couple of weeks but I didn't want to show all the things I had been working on before they graced their presents at the vintage wedding. So while I am getting everything in order today to show you I thought I would same this Sign that Red Hen Home  has made. This touch my heart in a HUGE way since I used to sing this song to my boys when they were little. Then my son Dakota starting singing it to me and added his own little cute touch to it. He would sing..

"Mommy is my sunshine, my only sunshine
she makes me happy, when skies are gray
she'll never know how much I love her,
please don't take my mommy away"

Wouldn't this just melt your heart as well? I first few times he sang this to me it brought tears to my eyes. Dakota is still a sweet heart to this day at the age of 14. I think I am going to make a sign like this but with Dakota's version of the song on it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment