Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Recycled blah to FABULOUS

Since my sons ever so loving lab puppy decided that he needed to climb up on the dining room table one day while we were away and broke my beautiful center piece I had I decided I was going to use somethings I had around the house to make a new centerpiece. I was drooling over blogs and all the wonderful things out there {like I do all the time} and came across these wonderful DIY candy jars. Factory Direct Craft  gave me the inspiration to make some of my own. I love using chalkboard paint on just about everything so I thought what the heck and busted it out yet again. Here is a photo of what the finished project looks like. I just love when you come across a project that you already have all the stuff at home to make it. I always save my jars because you never know what you might need them for. Just scroll on down to find out how simple they are to make. Total cost for this project $3.00 for the candy!!

 

 
Candy Jar Centerpiece

 
Here is what you need:

 
  1. 3 jars {I used 3 different sizes}
  2. 3 candle stick holders
  3. 3 different colors of paint
  4. Very small amount of chalkboard paint {the size of a quarter will do}
  5. Hot glue gun to glue the candle holder to the bottom of the jars.

 

 
This is what I used.. Then onto the spray painting

 

 
First one I spray painted ocean blue from Kryon

 
And then...

 
I spray painted the other two, one a red and one a green.
then you do a bead of glue around the top on the candle holder
and set you jar right on top of it. don't forget to press firmly to
set the jar in the glue.

 

 
Here is another photo of how they turned out..

 
Awe... So cute and simple!
I think I will make a couple more for
my desk at work.
  
They are just so darn cute.. Just wait until my sons discover that it is real candy inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment